This page contains the User Conduct Guidelines of the Kekkaishi wiki.
- Edit without hesitation: If a page needs change, or if you wish to update any information, feel free to do it! If you make mistakes, others will guide you. Encourage others to do the same.
- Do not vandalize: Do not mess up any page intentionally. If you do anything of such sort, you will be banned!
- Use edit summaries: Use edit summaries to explain your changes. That way, others will be able to know why you made the change.
- Do not copy: Do not copy the contents from any other site. If permitted to do so, state the source.
Interacting with other editors
- Be polite: It's not only important what you say but also how you say it. Be civil when talking to other people and treat them with respect. This site is built on cooperation.
- Don't be aggressive: If others undo your edit, or warn you about something, there is no need to take it against them. Try to understand why it was done. Be patient and hear what they have to say.
- Do not start edit wars: Be ready to discuss your changes with others. If you disagree with another editor, discuss the issue either on user or article talk pages. Repeatedly reverting each others' changes is bound to aggravate the conflict instead of solving it. If you cannot reach a consensus, ask another user or an admin to mediate.
Talk and forum pages
- Sign comments: You should add four tildes (~~~~) to the end of all of your comments on talk pages.
- Do not edit other people's comments: Editing or removing other peoples' remarks in the forum, on discussion pages, or their personal user page is against our policies. Not even admins are allowed to do so, unle3ss it is abusive or violates any of our policies.
- Do not misuse talk pages: Talk pages are for the discussion of their respective articles and not for general chatter. Use the forum for the latter.
- Avoid using obtrusive signatures: Custom signatures which are obtrusive, annoying or unnecessarily large should be avoided as they detract from the purpose of talk and forum pages. A signature should not affect surrounding text to a great extent.
- General: Pages in the User namespace are generally considered to be the property of the User they belong to. You are allowed to edit your own User Page, but messing up the User Pages that belongs to other users can even lead to a ban of 6 months. You can only edit other's User Page if the User himself/ herself requests you to do so. Do not put anything inappropriate on your User Page.
- User Talk Page: You can leave a message on any User's Talk page. Be civil and wait for the reply.